Plex Add-on GUI access issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharlieWayne

Cadet
Hello All. First time poster here and I have become stumped with an install.

Issue: My issue is that when I try to access the Plex Plugin on a web browser (I.E or Chrome), nothing will load and the browser will timeout.

My Setup: I am running the ESXi 5.1 with Freenas 9.2.1.8. My NIC is a 4 port Intel NIC

Plex has been installed into a jail, assigned an IP of 192.168.1.3, and is ping-able with No packet loss. The Plugin Status from within the Jail is "Running". From my Vsphere Client I set the Network settings to Promiscuous Mode.

Tried looking up several other posts but found nothign that helped. A Google search did turn up something that another user did in shell command, but I dont understand this.

http://www.wordpress.lonbil.co.uk/2013/10/installing-plex-freenas/

Any help would be greatful.

CharlieWayne

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty

CharlieWayne

Cadet
Anyone else have any suggestions? I'm lost with what else I might do or whats wrong.

Thanks.

CharlieWayne

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you could run 'sockstat' in the jail to verify plex is listening on the expected port.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I think you are having this issue because of esxi. Figure out how to bridge a jail ip through esxi and I think you will have your solution. I have to clue how to do this so I can't be

CharlieWayne

Cadet
Blah ... Ok, so i think I found the issue. The status of the jail was "Running" but when I later checked the status of the plugin, it was "Off".

So of course one I initiated the plugin, the web GUI became accessible.

Thanks for your input.

Status
Not open for further replies.