PLEASE HELP! FreeNAS vhd booting to 6 months ago when recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Ford

Cadet
I am managing a couple of xenservers and decided to try out FreeNAS for the NFS datastores for VM's

xenserver took a dive and I am now rebuilding from my 2 healthy FreeNAS servers.

freenas1 hold all the active datasets and is snapshoted hourly and replicated to freenas2

When I mount a clone of a recent the storage repository tells my that one of the vhd was recently modified but it will not boot. the only vhd that boots form the SR is the largest vhd by far and is dated back to april when it was last modified.

To me it appears the dataset is up to date and healthy it just seems like the recently modified vhd needs merged or something.

The vhd from april does boot and run just fine just would lose 6 months of data.

Thanks in advance for any support

Last edited by a moderator:

Ty Ford

Cadet
Thanks for the response rs225 . I managed to get everything back online within a very short amount of time. It turns out my server that was booting to six months ago had 8 bootable .vhd hard disks within the SR. I booted each one seperate to find the one with the 'most recent login' and new it was it.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.