Permissions Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shondrin

Cadet
Joined
May 28, 2013
Messages
4
Hey Guys and Girls,

wonder if you could help me I have a Windowsbased network and some issues with setting the permissions on a Dataset

So first my User configuration

User: me
Group: admin

User: mother
Group: mother

I have created a own Dataset for me and my mother.
\mnt\volume1\me
\mnt volume1\mother

That should it be:

I want to have access to my Dataset
I want to have access to my mothers Dataset as well
My Mother should have access to her Dataset
My Mother should not have access to my Dataset

Who it looks now:

My Dataset
User me​
Group Admin​
User: rwx​
Group: rwx​
Other:---​
Type of ACL Unix​
Mothers Dataset
User: Mother​
Group: Admin​
User: rwx​
Group: rwx​
Other:---​
Type of ACL Unix​
​
When i change the ACL to Windows it changes the permissions
and I can't change it. Every time I change it to

User: rwx​
Group: rwx​
Other:---​
​
and than looking to the permissions it changed to
User: rwx​
Group: rw​
other:rw​
What I am doing wrong?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top