Permissions, acls, crashing - WHAT DID I DO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

STREBLO

Patron
So, i'm hoping someone can help me out here as I seem to have done something that is crashing my server. I also need help getting my permissions set correctly...

I have a setup where im putting downloaded files from a script that downloads with curl, Deluge and Sabnzbd in a common folder where they are picked up by sickrage. My permissions where fine with sabnzbd but I couldn't set deluge to umask its files in any way i could find, however I know this is possible on linux.

What I want to have is a folder where everything is group read/writeable and all of its files and directories are as well. I had thought i had this figured out by adding all of my jail users to a "media" group with a common uid and simply setting the files with "chown nobody" and "chmod 775", as everything was working.

To get Deluge's downloaded files to have the same permissions I ended up using ACLs as this was the only way I could get working. I think this is what I did that has started to crash my server but I'm not sure why. I had never before had problems with the server crashing and this is the most recent thing I changed which is why I think this is the problem.

I used the command on the main system:

Code:
setfacl -m g:media:modify_set:fd:allow "directory"

This seem to work initially as my permissions from Deluge were all working, however around this time I started noticing the server would crash and restart when I would open certain things in the directory or visit the directory in the terminal where I add added ACLs.

In addition to the crashing, the other problem is I can't seem to get this to work for the script I have that downloads files into one of the directories where I have the ACLS. For some reason when I make files in that directory to test if the ACL are working the permissions are fine, however when my script downloads files with curl they are the wrong permissions.

I have set acls on the parent folder which ends up like this:

Code:
# file: Podcasts/
# owner: nobody
# group: media
       group:media:rwxpDdaARWc--s:fd----:allow
            owner@:rwxp--aARWcCos:------:allow
            group@:rwxp--a-R-c--s:------:allow
         everyone@:r-x---a-R-c--s:------:allow

When my script makes directories and files inside they are ending up as:

Code:
# file: Podcasts/example/
# owner: nobody
# group: media
       group:media:rwxpDdaARWc--s:fd----:allow
            owner@:rwxp--aARWcCos:------:allow
            group@:r-xp--a-R-c--s:------:allow
         everyone@:r-x---a-R-c--s:------:allow

I can change them myself obviously however I want my script to be able to make them correctly. Is there something else I need to set in the ACL? If someone knows of a way of doing this without using ACL's I would prefer to do that as I would like to get rid of them completely if I can because for some reason I think they are the cause of the crashing on my server.

STREBLO

Patron
Nope, turned 'em off.

Status
Not open for further replies.