Permanent errors have been detected in the following files: /var/db/system/rrd-cadb1ce

Hi All,

So after a recent JBOD issue which is now resolved I've got a couple of files that ZFS is reporting as permanent errors. It doesn't appear to be a big issue as all is working fine and I think its referencing files in the system dataset that was on my main pool but I have subsequently moved it over to my mirrored boot SSDs. I've ran zpool clear and ran a few scrubs but errors still remain so my question is around the nature of the files and if it's safe to delete them and possible consequences of doing so. Would just be nice to get the pool back to a 100% healthy state.

Permanent errors have been detected in the following files:

/var/db/system/rrd-cadb1ce......../localhost/df-mnt-tank-stuff/df_complex-used.rrd

Appreciate your thoughts

PS: after moving system dataset to boot pool and reboot the errors now report as:

tank/.system/rrd-cadb1ce......../localhost/df-mnt-tank-stuff/df_complex-used.rrd

Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
is there a snapshot in the middle where you replaced it with ....... ? (look for the @ symbol)

Nope

/var/db/system/rrd-cadb1ce96f8c4a01a65be3ef8f5cb996/localhost/df-mnt-tank-stuff-Share123/df_complex-used.rrd

I seem to have one of these entries for every dataset I have and inside there are three files df_complex-reserved.rrd df_complex-used.rrd and df_complex-free.rrd

I've done a reboot since moving the system dataset to boot pool and have ran zpool clear again and started a scrub so maybe that will do it.

sretalla