Periodic daily mail says "Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string"

Status
Not open for further replies.

morxy49

Contributor
Hi. I've had my NAS for over a year now, and just never thought about this so much. But now it's starting to annoy me, and i want to fix this.

Every day i get a mail from my NAS with the following:
Subject: Cron <root@Pandora's Box> periodic daily
Content: eval: 1: Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string

This is also how the periodic weekly and monthly mail looks like.

I have no idea what's causing it, so please help me out? :)

EDIT: My NAS is running FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant

morxy49

Contributor
Consider upgrading? Or testing an updated USB install.
https://bugs.pcbsd.org/issues/4433
I have tried updating to the latest release (tried it just 2 days ago), but i got this error while trying to update:
Code:
Environment: Software Version: FreeNAS-9.2.1.2-RELEASE-x64 (ce022f0) Request Method: POST Request URL: http://192.168.1.100/system/firmwizard/?X-Progress-ID=ed53c1d7-f5a5-49af-88b0-961f6f2e747c Traceback: File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in get_response 107. response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view 158. return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view 22. return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in view 69. return self.dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in dispatch 236. response = super(WizardView, self).dispatch(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/views/generic/base.py" in dispatch 87. return handler(request, *args, **kwargs) File "/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/django/contrib/formtools/wizard/views.py" in post 291. self.storage.set_step_data(self.steps.current, self.process_step(form)) File "/usr/local/www/freenasUI/../freenasUI/system/forms.py" in process_step 125. wizard=self) Exception Type: TypeError at /system/firmwizard/ Exception Value: done() got an unexpected keyword argument 'form_list'

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'd go to 9.2.1.9 first. 9.2.1.2 is relatively buggy and effectively unsupported as a result. :P

morxy49

Contributor
I'd go to 9.2.1.9 first. 9.2.1.2 is relatively buggy and effectively unsupported as a result. :p
Okay, will try that. Do you have any idea why i can't update (the error message in my post above)?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Haha. I don't think I saw your post about updating. Perhaps you posted after I opened the thread.

Anyway, I don't. I'd do an ISO upgrade though, that is the answer for 99% of upgrade problems.

It almost sounds like your boot device may be failing and that's why you are getting that weird email and can't update.

morxy49

Contributor
There we go! Today i made a fresh install with the new 9.3 Stable release, and then imported all my old settings.
Don't know if this was a smart idea or not, since it got released just today, so the possibilities of finding bugs is pretty high, but i'm willing to take that risk ;)

Now i'll just have to wait for the next daily mail and see what it says.

(I also noticed that FreeNAS 9.3 removes (or rather hides) Thumbs.db-files, which is awesome! They were annoying as hell.)

morxy49

Contributor
The real problem is that they are getting created and then updated
Don't really know what the problem was, just that they were a pain in the ass when moving/deleting folders.
This seemed to solve it, and I'm as happy as i can be :D

morxy49

Contributor
No. The update to 9.3 didn't solve the mail problem. Still getting the "Syntax error: Unterminated quoted string".

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I noticed the name/email address is Pandora's Box. Maybe get rid of the ' in Pandora's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.