Pb after LACP, IP works but can't find netbios name

ben-j16

Cadet
Hello,

I tried to find a solution to my problem but I can't find it so if someone could help me... ;)

I have a new server and networking hardware so I want to do a LACP connection to have a better speed on many computers.

Here is my computers for tests before installing my old hard drives :

Fujitsu Server FREENAS 11.3 with Intel XEON E3-1220v2 3,1 Ghz
16 Gb RAM ECC (4 x 4 Gb Dual)
3 x 240 Gb SSD KINGSTON A400 AHCI set on 1 volume of 720 Gb in strip mode from Freenas
1 x 128 Gb SSD PLEXTOR for OS + SWAP
2 x INTEL Integrated NIC 1Gb

Client is an AMD FX with 4 Gb DDR3
1 x 120 Gb SSD with Windows 7 Pro (for tests)
1 x 480 Gb SSD KINGSTON for my data
2 x INTEL Pro1000 PT Dual in LACP

1 x HP ProCurve Switch set in LACP / 2 computers
1 x DLINK Pro manageable switch with LACP / 2 Computers

Pfsense router with 2 Wan connections and load balancing

When I only use one NIC, it works with netbios name and IP (so \\SERVER\Share is OK and also \\192.168.1.2\Share) but when I use LACP, I can't find my SERVER on my network (no ping response to the name but IP works). I can map my share with the IP address and it works at a better speed. I try to ping my computer from another computer too and a have the same problem after using LACP.

I tried my 2 switches with the same results, restart the Pfsense router...

Do you have any idea of a solution (other that using the IP for mapping my drives ?)

Thanks for your answer ;)

manslipkorn

Cadet
Hi ben-j16,

This might not be the solution you're looking for, but why don't you use your pfsense rounter to do the job?

The DNS resolver built in is amazing, easy to set-up and very reliable. This is what I use (with LACP too) and it just works like a charm.