passphrase setting missing from encryption options dialog

benqrn

Cadet
I have two different TrueNAS servers experiencing a similar issue, the 'Encryption Options' dialog for a zpool is missing the 'passphrase' option, even when one of the zpool's are already using a passphrase. The system dataset is not present on any of the zpools in question, and no they are not geli encrypted.

This seems like a bug but asking here first if anyone has had experience with this issue, it is possible that the pools were created around the time I transitioned from TrueNAS 11 and 12 (so either a very late version of 11 or very early version of 12) and maybe that is a contributing factor, though I don't see a difference in the feature flags for any of the zpools that are or are not having the problem. I tried updating one server to 12-U8 and exporting/re-importing the zpool but did not make a difference in this issue.

On one server, there is a zpool that does have the passphrase option in the encryption options dialog and is missing from the other pool on the same server, despite both requiring a passphrase to unlock on boot. on the other server, there is only one zpool that uses a key not a passphrase, but still the option is missing from encryption options to toggle between key and passphrase.

Attachments

• zpool menu.png
    zpool menu.png
    30.8 KB · Views: 98
  • zpool encryption options.png
    zpool encryption options.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 93

sretalla