Overide of FTP download in makefile

Status
Not open for further replies.

bickleigh

Cadet
I have recently had to rebuild ffmpeg using the pcbsd ports method to enable various features.

However the make process gets stuck in various places because either ftp servers are down or they are just not responding correctly, so I have to interupt the process and either download manually or go in and modify the make file to point to somewhere else. I get the thing to build eventually, but it would be nice if I could just bypass the current server download (which is what happens if the files required are not in the ports repository) and move on to the next one.

Most make files usually have more than one entry in the MASTER_SITES list. Case in point:
As part of the build, ffmpeg requires libxml2, unfortunately the ftp server @ ftp://xmlsoft.org/libxml2/
is just not playing nice. However http://xmlsoft.org/sources is playing nice and just happens to be the next in the list. Is there a way to have the make file move on to the next entry, I think it does if the download fails but sometimes it just gets stuck and hangs. It would be nice to just press a key combo and overide it.

Just wondering thats all...

Thanks
Bick

Status
Not open for further replies.