One-way CIFS Share/Permission Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

nessin

Cadet
Just got my first FreeNAS install up and running, and I've hit a bit of a snag that is throwing me for a loop.

So I've got CIFS setup on a dataset owned by UserA and GroupA, with the boxes checked inherit the owner/permission. I've added UserB to GroupA and set the umask to give me 664. When I go to create a file as UserB everything is great, I get a 664 file owned by UserA:GroupA. But it won't let me delete the file. I can log in via SSH and delete it (as UserB), but I can't delete it on my Windows box through the share, I just end up with a permission error.

PS:
Since I'm already making a thread, I've got another problem with CIFS specifically. I checked the Enable Home Directories box in the server settings but it won't create a home directory for any of my users. I tried making the home directory and independent share as well, and it still won't do anything. The home directory dataset I've setup is owned by the default root:wheel and the only thing I can think of is samba can't create a directory because of that, which doesn't make much sense (which I'm assuming Samba is running as root, I'm not as familiar with FreeBSD and I don't see it in the process list to tell for sure) but I can't see any other reason why Samba wouldn't create the directories.

Status
Not open for further replies.