One machine stopped being able to access web configurator and to connect to samba shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Somename

Cadet
It still can ping and ssh into it. It's perplexing me since all other machines on my LAN have no problem accessing samba shares or web server. And the problem machine had no problem either until I issued reboot command to FreeNAS machine through web server. After freeNAS rebooted, I haven't been able to access the web server or samba shares from that particular machine. The PC has no problem accessing other network resources on WAN and LAN otherwise, except that I've found I can't connect to web configurator on PFsense box on my LAN either. So it's possible the problem has a source in some FreeBSD quirks.

I've found a couple things that might be related to the problem on the event viewer on the machine. I've found that Windows Process Activation service didn't start, but apparently that had been going on for a while even before I deployed freeNAS. And on SMBclient logs, there was a bunch of error messages saying "Mutual authentication was unexpectedly lost" and "An attempt to acquire a credential handle failed", but I suspect that's another symptom of the root problem.

I've pretty much ran out of things to try. I'm only a casual working knowledge on networking, so I'd appreciate any pointers to solve the problem. TIA

Sounds like an issue on the client machine. Not knowing any details on it there is no telling what the problem could be.

It's something you could be chasing for months and not figure out. Personally when a machine starts to act up like this I generally wipe it and start over. Since all the other clients are fine and you have one bad apple that is what I would suggest unless someone else has the magic answer to the exact problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.