Old IM Services in Account Details

Mark Holtz

Contributor
I was updating my account profile, and noticed the following under Account Details...

Account_details__iXsystems_Community_-_Google_Chr 2019-03-29 19-37-46.png

Now, this is perhaps a minor thing, but....
I will state that in the grander scheme of things, especially FreeNAS, these are extremely minor things. But still....

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
There's probably a way to get rid of that, but it's there by default (thanks XenForo?), I believe.

It's silly, I agree, but it's probably not worth much effort to fix. Depends on how hard it would be.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
I can remove those pretty easily. Note there is Mastodon which I want to figure out how to automate the links that the other services have. As for when those things vanished, I had no clue or i could have removed the obsolete ones when i added the new one. AIM, Yahoo Messenger, and Google Talk are removed.

Note there is Mastodon which I want to figure out how to automate the links that the other services have.
Does FreeNAS have a presence on Mastodon?

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Does FreeNAS have a presence on Mastodon?
I am not aware of one, there is the @bsd.network though I am on another, social.quodverum.com. And plenty more in the federation: https://joinmastodon.org/. There is an alternative for GooglePlus social site, which I am forgetting at the moment, but I'll add that as an option as well as any others that may exist. Those others, I might need some hints about since I am far from aware of all those things. Personally, I don't care for snapchat nor imagur, or pinterest, and those three are hardly useful as reference (I'm not adding those or similar).

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
Youme.social now added. As with mastodon, better linking to come in the eventual future.

Also, the G+ icon share link (footer or box in lower right corner) has been disabled in config which made it no longer available. Google Plus vanished on April 2nd. One similar site is Youme.social which is relatively new. with regard to various chat sites, many are self-hosted and specific, which is then not a 'universal' public address/site like twitter or a federated collection of sites like mastodon. TrueOS has its own telegram instance, there was once a discourse and gitter instance as well, and discourse may still exist for the moment but I do not know the url right now.

Last edited: