SOLVED nobody 4294967294 and nfsv4

francisaugusto

Contributor
I installed TrueNas Scale, and while there seems to be a lot of rough edges, some of the things work amazingly well. Finally I manage to mount nfsv4 with TrueNAS and kerberos - it never worked for me with TrueNAS Core.
I even got auto mounting of home dirs with FreeIPA and TrueNAS! This was just amazing.
The only thing that isn't working now is that the permissions of the mounted folder becomes like this:

Code:
-rwx------ 1 nobody 4294967294   0 Feb 25 21:51 this

I was checking the /etc/idmapd.conf file, and the domain info is missing there, under the general section. Should it be there? Or can it be something else?

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I installed TrueNas Scale, and while there seems to be a lot of rough edges, some of the things work amazingly well. Finally I manage to mount nfsv4 with TrueNAS and kerberos - it never worked for me with TrueNAS Core.
I even got auto mounting of home dirs with FreeIPA and TrueNAS! This was just amazing.
The only thing that isn't working now is that the permissions of the mounted folder becomes like this:

Code:
-rwx------ 1 nobody 4294967294   0 Feb 25 21:51 this

I was checking the /etc/idmapd.conf file, and the domain info is missing there, under the general section. Should it be there? Or can it be something else?
Do permissions resolve locally? idmapd.conf should be relying on nsswitch.

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
IIRC you were having problems earlier with groups through nsswitch because of typo in group filter in nslcd config. You may need to restart nfs service midclt call service.restart nfs now that you fixed that.

francisaugusto

Contributor
IIRC you were having problems earlier with groups through nsswitch because of typo in group filter in nslcd config. You may need to restart nfs service midclt call service.restart nfs now that you fixed that.
Restarting didn't help.
Permissions seem to be resolving locally, in that the user get the right access locally on TrueNAS.

francisaugusto

Contributor
I am getting closer.
I had a Domain specified on `/etc/idmapd.conf` on the client side, which was ipa.int. That same domain was configured to idmapd configuration on gui on freenas. But then, since the machine name is `machine.int`, I was having these errors: `nfsidmap root@int does not map into domain ipa.int`.
Changing to `int` on idmapd.conf on the client side made it work. However, when I write a file, it is written as root. But at least the permissions are being read right.