NFS naming conventions and ftp login problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk62

Cadet
I have created a UNIX share "/mnt/vol1", but I don't know how to mount it. With my other NAS, it's that simple:

mount -t nfs servername/directory /mountpoint

When I tried freenas/mnt/vol1, nothing happens for a while, then I get a time out message.

There is another problem with ftp: I get 530 login incorrect no matter what user and pw I try.

The only thing that works properly is CIFS, but I have Linux on my main computer and prefer NFS.

Michael

ProtoSD

MVP
Did you make sure you enabled the NFS service? I got bitten by that, there are 2 different spots to make changes to NFS, the 'sharing' category, and the 'services' category. There's an ON/OFF button and a little wrench icon.

mk62

Cadet
Did you make sure you enabled the NFS service? I got bitten by that, there are 2 different spots to make changes to NFS, the 'sharing' category, and the 'services' category. There's an ON/OFF button and a little wrench icon.

I had already found the switches, and the services I need are turned on. Think I'm going to use a "real" Linux, it's easier to set up (all I really need is NFS), and the hardware is powerful enough.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.