NFS mount hangs about once a month

MasterTacoChief

Explorer
Server is running TrueNAS-13.0-U3.1. NFS client is Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS. All connections are 10Gb, on the same LAN/subnet. Ubuntu is running Plex, which handles recording OTA TV and transcoding (this is all stored in RAM, I have 256GB in the machine). After transcoding it will then write the show to the Plex server using a NFS share. It's also setup to replay those shows using the NFS share, and there is also a second Plex server (on Fedora) mounted to the same share which also is available for replay. Those are the only two NFS clients using that share.

I have noticed about once a month my Ubuntu Plex server seems to be unresponsive. I discovered that in the dmesg log that it is getting frequent timeouts from the NFS share when it's in this state. So if I go to the TrueNAS GUI and restart NFS then the mount is successful and everything is great for about another month.

It might be an issue on the Ubuntu side, except this all started when I upgraded to this version of TrueNAS. Prior to that I had to hang out on FreeNAS-12.0-U5.1 for awhile because new versions would cause this server to reboot about once a week for no reason. It seems this one just likes to act up a bit.

I should have done more debugging on the Fedora Plex server the second time it happened, but I thought of that after resetting NFS again. Just wondering if anyone else has notice similar issues with NFS on long-term connections, or have any suggestions on what to try or how to better debug this. I probably have about another month before it will be back again.

Thanks.