NFS Connection Issue After Reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

szczy7

Cadet
FreeNAS was in a good and working state until a reboot of the server hosting FreeNAS. Clients are unable to mount NFS shares. Please help!

szczy7

Cadet
Release: 9.3-STABLE-201506292332
NFS-Server is configured for version 4. NFS-Clients were working just fine using version 4. We built the server about 2 weeks ago and have been running just fine until I rebooted for standard maintenance last night. The server was previously rebooted just fine multiple times in the past.

When trying to stop the nfsd service from the terminal it hangs. When trying to kill -9 the PID nothing gets killed.

Overall, I would say my configuration is very much out of the box. All of my CIFS mounts work just fine. I use Snapshots and Replicate to a backup FreeNAS server. No Domain-Controller are currently configured, but I am using my Domain Controller's DNS. I am using local FreeNAS user accounts.

My /etc/exports looks good.

I tried rolling back to a previously known-good boot snapshot with no success. I tried a known good saved configuration with no luck either.

System:
X8DTU /w 2x Intel E5540.
32gig ECC Memory.
4x Intel PRO/1000 NICs
3ware SE-9650SE-12ML /w 12x2TB WD-RE4 drives in JBOD (Not ideal I know, but no other alternative. I don't feel like this is my issue since my data seems fine).

Last edited:

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
You need to tell us what actually happens when you try the mount. Also read the forum rules and provide that info. If you don't do that you won't get help.

szczy7

Cadet
When I mount I get the following from multiple clients which all previously worked:

# mount nas:/mnt/vol1/home /mnt/home -v
mount: no type was given - I'll assume nfs because of the colon
mount.nfs: timeout set for ....
mount.nfs: trying text-based options 'vers=4,addr=xxx.yyy.zzz.aaa,clientaddr=xxx.yyy.zzz.bbb'
mount.nfs: Connection timed out

I also tried forcing NFS version 3:
mount.nfs: portmap query retrying: RPC: Timed out

On the server side I'm not seeing any kind of error messages but, the NFS service seems hung.

Status
Not open for further replies.