NFS config clarifications please :)

Jeff63

Dabbler
Hello :)

I've recently upgraded one computer to Debian 12 with NFS v4 support and come to have some problems with accessing my NFS share on my TrueNAS Scale box (system upto date).

When I've set up my NAS, my main computer was running under Mageia 8, and I hadn't any issues connecting to my NFS shares, reading and writing to it from my mageia -non root- user...

since then I've upgraded the same computer to Mageia 9 and then I was unable to write to my NFS shares if I was not doing it as Root :(
I don't really understand why as the NAS configuration was the same as when I was running Mageia 8...

Now, under Debian 12 I have the same problem, I can mount the NFS shares with my standard user but cannot write to it without being root :(

note that from the beginning NFS shares mounts are included in /etc/fstab files for auto mount at boot, and I have kept sure that the fstab file had the same NFS entries on all my different systems.
note that access to the NAS is restricted to my network only too.

so question : what is the right configuration on both sides, so I'll for sure can mount, read and write on my NAS NFS shares with my standard non root user ???

Thanks by advance for the help :)

Jeff

Jeff63

Dabbler
just for completion, I've tested a lot of config options but still can't write when not root :(