NextCloud Security issue

Pancackewaffle

Dabbler
So I made the jump to 11.2 which is pretty alright. I have tried to get NextCloud to work the way I want it for the past two years with no success. I decided to give it another go with the new plugin method. It worked just fine, got the latest install, stuff just works... Except for HTTPS.
I can't access NextCloud via HTTPS. It actually forwards me to the FreeNAS GUI... Doesn't matter what IP I set it to, and if I turn off the NextCloud jail, I can't access the FreeNAS GUI through that IP anymore.
So the first issue is why it is forwarding the HTTPS version of the designated IP to the FreeNAS GUI instead of the secure page of NextCloud?
The second question is asking how you get the plugin version of NextCloud to be accessible through HTTPS?

Heracles

Wizard
Hi Pancake,

You did not put much detailed about the setup, but I guess that your FreeNAS WebUI is listening on 0.0.0.0, so basically listening on every IP address the server has. As such, it takes precedence on the Nextcloud daemon.

An option would be to configure your NAS to listen ONLY on its "legitimate" IP address and Nextcloud doing the same, listening only on the IP that belongs to it. For that, listen on 1.2.3.4 (or whaterever your IP address is) instead of listening on 0.0.0.0 or *

Good luck in your setup,