New NAS Help

Bruce A

Cadet
I grew tired of my old QNap home Nas throwing and error on bay-2 constantly so put together a nas with an older motherboard.

I have 6 3Tb drives in a pool with ZFS1 and a hot spare. One of the drive errored out, the hot spare took over. However, when I went to replace the drive the new drive appears to have attached ok, the system completed the re-sliver however the pool now shows as unhealthy and the hotspare still shows as part of the pool, what have I done wrong here?

ZFSPool.jpg

NAS is running TrueNAS-12.0-U1 with 16Gb Ram, 6 WD 3Tb HDD and an Intel 100Gb SSD for boot on an i5-2400t.

I don't see any errors on the drives, but then I may be looking in the wrong place.

Samuel Tai

Never underestimate your own stupidity
Please provide the output of zpool status Pool1. This will have a better description of the errors seen.
the hotspare still shows as part of the pool, what have I done wrong here?

View attachment 44802

You haven't done anything wrong. This is just how spares display. It's showing that ada6p2 is acting as a spare for ada2p2.

Samuel Tai

No, try zpool status -v Pool1.

Bruce A

Cadet
error2.jpg

Looks like an error in a specific file, Do i just go ahead and delete this to clear up the error?

Samuel Tai

Yes, and then scrub your pool. You may need to scrub a couple of times to get rid of the error. Then you can run the disk replace procedure.

Bruce A

Cadet
Thank you, I did replace the failed drive already, should I remove and restart the replace procedure?

Samuel Tai

No, just click the 3 dots by ada2p2, and select replace.

Bruce A

Cadet
Thank you for your help, this cleared the error perfectly.

The Hot spare drive is still showing up in the ADA2p2 space though, even after replacing the original bad drive. If I click on replace again it doesn't give me any disk options, any ideas? I do have a spare drive I could replace it again?

Dirk

Patron
Thank you for your help, this cleared the error perfectly.

The Hot spare drive is still showing up in the ADA2p2 space though, even after replacing the original bad drive. If I click on replace again it doesn't give me any disk options, any ideas? I do have a spare drive I could replace it again?

Did you get this resolved? I'm having the same issue with a duplicate spare.

sretalla