New Installation - importing ZFS volumes

Status
Not open for further replies.

AggieDan

Cadet
I am new to FreeNAS and would appreciate some assistance. I have an existing ZFS RAID from another platform that I would like to migrate to FreeNAS. I have the FreeNAS system running (9.2.0) and a compatible controller is installed as are the RAID disk. The FreeNAS OS is running from a flash drive that was installed from CD Rom.

From the GUI console navigating to Storage > Active Volumes - nothing appears in the main window. Using the Auto-Import Volume, or the Import Volume feature nothing appears to happen.

#1) I'm no expert - far from it.
#2) I believe the disk are in excellent condition and the controller is brand new (LSI MegaRaid SAS 9260-8i)
#3) I think the controller should be engaging the disk and recognizing them prior to importing the volume, correct? I selected this controller b/c it was listed on the hardware compatibility list. Is it required to install the drivers even though that isn't mentioned in the installation guide? I expected it to have the drivers for this card already installed and available. (The card includes a driver disk.)

cyberjock

Inactive Account
If auto-import isn't working then your disks may not meet the expectations of FreeNAS to be importable.

What's the output of camcontrol devlist and dmesg?

What is your system specs?

Drivers are loaded on bootup automatically and should "just work". I will tell you if you are using a hardware RAID expect it to not work...

Might want to check your BIOS and LSI controller for any firmware updates.

AggieDan

Cadet
Fortunately I was able to utilize my old card I thought was not operable.
It wasn't listed on the HCL as it is older but it worked!
I was able to get the drives recognized, volumes mounted, iSCSI targets/extents built and enabled and all is well.....

Until this morning and the web-gui appears to be down. I shutdown the box and the web-gui has not returned.
On the FreeNAS monitor it brings up the 1-11 menu but now it doesn't show the instructions for accessing the web interface at "192.x.x.x".

stuck!

Status
Not open for further replies.