network interface failure specified day and time

pepe argento

Cadet
Hi, I'm new to the forum, I have implemented a thunder (Version: TrueNAS-13.0-U5.1), on a common pc (clone):

The network card is onboard, Realteck(RTL8169S/8110S/8211 1000BASE-T)
CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3250 CPU @ 3.50GHz
The mother is gigabyte h310m h 2.0
16gb RAM ddr4

The problem I have is that every Thursday between 11:45 a.m. and 12:20 p.m. approximately, the equipment fails, leaving no communication, as if the network interface was blocked, but the OS is operational, the solution is to restart, but it is checked 3 times in a row in that time interval and after the last restart it does not fail again, until the other Thursday at the same time. (I attach the result of the CRONTAB file)

# /etc/crontab - root's crontab for FreeBSD
#
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/crontab,v 1.33.2.1 2009/08/03 08:13:06 kensmith Exp $
#
SHELL=/bin/sh
PATH=/etc:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin
#
#minute hour mday month wday who command
#
# Save some entropy so that /dev/random can re-seed on boot.
*/11 * * * * operator /usr/libexec/save-entropy > /dev/null 2>&1
#
# Rotate log files only at midnight.
0 0 * * * root newsyslog > /dev/null 2>&1
#
# Adjust the time zone if the CMOS clock keeps local time, as opposed to
# UTC time. See adjkerntz(8) for details.
1,31 0-5 * * * root adjkerntz -a > /dev/null 2>&1

0 * * * * root /usr/local/bin/python /usr/local/bin/mfistatus.py > /dev/null 2>&1

30 */5 * * * root /etc/ix.rc.d/ix-kinit renew > /dev/null 2>&1

What log files do you need me to share with you in order to help?

Policy0702

Cadet
I would like to know how your network is configured. If you are using DHCP to assign an IP to TrueNAS there could be issues with renewals.

Is your network interface still active? (Blinky lights)

Sharing the rest of you network setup would be helpful.

pepe argento

Cadet
hi Policy....The IP is statically assigned.when the network interface is checked, only the green led stays on, the activity led does not flash. The disturbing thing is that every Thursday at the same time the event happens and I certify this, since I have been monitoring it for 4 months and the pattern is exact.thanks for any help you can provide.

best regards

Policy0702

Cadet
Thanks for that!
OK, let me make sure I am understanding your problem. Correct me if I am wrong.
On Thursday, midday, for some reason the network connection to the TrueNAS is lost. That outage lasts until the TrueNAS host is rebooted, unpluggin/replugging the network cable does not help.

At this point we do not have enough information to know if the issue is with your TrueNAS or if the issue is with whatever is on the other end of the cable. For all we know, it is the thing at the other end of the cable. Could you tell us what is at the other end of the cable? (I.e. what is TrueNAS connected to?)

To really help you we will need to know:
1. What are you using to try and connect. (i.e how do you know the connection is broken?)
2. What your network setup is: This seems to be a networking problem and as such it involves other devices. We need to know what is on your network. (e.g. switch, router, clients, and how are they connected together?)

Please describe your setup in detail so we can help.

pepe argento

Cadet
Hi Policy0702, the only way to solve it is to restart the environment and the most notable thing is that it fails 3 times in a row in 30 minutes, that is, it is solved the third time I restart it.

1. I try to connect by CLI (ssh) or GUI (web), with unsuccessful result and if I enter the computer directly from the console I do not reach any device on my network, I have tried to restart the Network service itself, but it is only solved by restarting the TrueNas.

2. between my pc and the TrueNas, I have a switch and the TCP/IP addresses of my devices are static

1691409599415.png

sretalla