Network already in use by Applications

blackenz

Cadet
Hello all,

I've just finished migrating a TrueNas Scale homelab to a new hardware setup.
During this migration, i backed up the configuration, did a clean installation on the new hardware and manually imported the configuration files (pwenc_secret and freenas-v1.db) into the /data folder.
Everything went fine, and all seems to be working as expected, except for one thing.
On the old setup, i had 2 network interfaces on different subnets (172.16.0.1/30 and 172.16.1.0/30) dedicated for iscsi. Since i won't be using iscsi on this new configuration, i deleted the old interfaces (which don't even exist on the new hardware), removed old iscsi configurations and disabled iscsi service.
Since i "freed" these subnets i was trying to assign one of them to a network interface in the GUI, but inspecting the browser console revealed the following error:
in-use-by-application.png

My network interfaces on the GUI have the following configuration:
interfaces.png

Doing a network interface query vi cli, i get the same results as the GUI (as expected):
interfaces-cli.png

Also tried setting the IP via cli, but the result is the same as in the GUI:
set-ip-cli.png

I don't have any application installed on the TrueNas Scale, and i have searched everywhere for every possible reference for this network in GUI but i can't seem to find it.
I have even tried to open the TrueNAS database in sqlite, and try to find any references with no luck.
Am i hiting some TrueNas Scale bug, or am i missing something?

Thank You

sfatula

Guru
If I understand correctly, you are trying to assign 172.16.0.1 to a network interface card?

In Scale, go to Apps -> Settings -> Advanced. Note the settings on the bottom half. I believe you'll find Kubernetes is using the IP range you want to use.

blackenz

Cadet
If I understand correctly, you are trying to assign 172.16.0.1 to a network interface card?

In Scale, go to Apps -> Settings -> Advanced. Note the settings on the bottom half. I believe you'll find Kubernetes is using the IP range you want to use.
That's correct.
I have been hitting on this "issue" for almost one day, and there it was... Hidden in the Apps settings.
I don't have the need to specifically use this network, but i was intrigued why this was happening.

Thank You Very for your help!