Need help on Freenas - Austin TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

rjronres

Cadet
I have a home built PC media server that a friend set up for me. I am technical but not in world of FreeNas. I need to update the Server but have some problems first – any suggestions how I can talk to someone to help – Currently I am running FreeNAS 9.3 and need to update system to the 11.1-U5. Need help to get this done . Then I can use some direction on updating latest Plex
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
version for Plex server. Not sure which one to pic from the list. I can send a screen shot if needed.

Ron Resnick

[mod note: some personal information has been removed -JG]

Attachments

• Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    668.8 KB · Views: 283
Last edited by a moderator:

rjronres

Cadet
nope -- ready to switch to ubuntu - I can follow directions but no clue what to do to update freenas server -- would love to find someone who knows freenas or ubuntu to help me get it working - are you in austin?

D

dlavigne

No, just checking to see if you had managed to connect with anyone.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Couple things. First, you're a couple versions behind on FreeNAS. I would suggest updating the base system first before trying to tackle any other issues. Update to 9.10 and then after that is complete update to 11.1. DO NOT update to 11.2, it's a beta release even though it's listed as stable. Make sure you keep a copy of your config along the way at update each step in case things go sideways so you can recover.

Once your base system is up to date we need to get you off the plex plugin. A manual install in an iocage jail is the way forward for you. Read the resource linked here to create your iocage jail and follow the instructions on installing Plex. This will put you on a newer version Plex and it should also be easier to keep it up to date by running pkg upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.