Need help in configuring network/jails/pf-firewall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thilo

Cadet
Hi there,

I cannot seem to find the right doc/help.

I have a setup of two nic's ( ex0 and in0 for the sake of this description)
ex0 is the external interfance and in0 the internal one.
My fire-wall config get's loaded via tunables (pf_enable and pf_config pointing).

This is so far OK,
my problem is, how can I select which bridge my Jails (5 of them provinding internal services in vimage mode) connect to?
They alway connect to the external interface.
What I currently do is remove the external if from the bridge and add the internal manually, but there must be an configuration item somewhere in Freenas?

Any pointers are appreciated.

I don't seem to have any luck using the the bridge-configuration options, and the manual does not mention "non default" gw configuration.
>>
So, if em0 is the FreeBSD name of the physical interface and three jails are running, these virtual interfaces are automatically created: bridge0,epair0a, epair1a, and epair2a. The physical interface em0 will be added to the bridge, as well as each epair device. The other half of the epair will be placed inside the jail and will be assigned the IP address specified for that jail. The bridge interface will be assigned an alias of the default gateway for that jail, if configured, or the bridge IP, if configured; either is correct.
<<

Thilo

Thilo

Cadet
Were you able to figure out a way to do this?
Sure, don't reboot ;-)

Nope, not yet.
But since my machine doesn't crash anymore every night, the urgency is a bit down.
And I did not have any spare time recently.

Any hints?

Status
Not open for further replies.