- Store important files and photos with redundancy
- Remote file access
- Will use nextcloud, mysql apps

Additional hardware planning to add
- 2x 8gb ram
- 1x sata ssd boot drive
- 2x sata 4tb nas hdd

Question/advice
1. Can I build a nas with using this motherboard and processor?
2. If build is possible, how should I configure the pool
3. Is the list of additional hardware sufficient for the build

Open for all suggestions

Thanks

jgreco

Resident Grinch
You could build on that, yes. However, your system maxxes out at 16GB, which is the minimum memory requirement for TrueNAS CORE. It might be a better idea to try to find a board capable of 32GB. ECC memory support is also recommended, which does not appear to be available on this board. This goes to data protection.

For a pool with two drives, your only option with redundancy is a mirror pair, which would give you a 4TB pool of which about 3TB would be usable.

SurajD

Cadet
You could build on that, yes. However, your system maxxes out at 16GB, which is the minimum memory requirement for TrueNAS CORE. It might be a better idea to try to find a board capable of 32GB. ECC memory support is also recommended, which does not appear to be available on this board. This goes to data protection.

For a pool with two drives, your only option with redundancy is a mirror pair, which would give you a 4TB pool of which about 3TB would be usable.
What are the basic points to check when selecting motherboard and processor for nas?

jgreco

Resident Grinch
We have a hardware recommendations guide in the Resources section that addresses that.