NAS build.... Suggestions for all flash (SATA) TrueNAS array

TrumanHW

Contributor
Clear and concise questions ....

- What performance R or W (100% of either) are the drives able to sustain if the other hardware used doesn't limit them / add a bottleneck..?
- Is there a CPU + Motherboard combo you'd recommend that will be quiet, relatively inexpensive which has IPMI or IPMI equivalent ..?
- Should I avoid the extra heat of a SAS controller ..? Or should I still use SAS to ensure performance ... despite the extra heat + wattage..?

- Is this likely to exceed 10Gb (SFP+) performance..? I'm assuming it cannot exceed an SFP28, however.

Important data will be backed up to my (spinning) RAIDz2 array.
(any suggestions of how I can selectively backup only whats changed would be appreciated)

IN CASE YOU'D LIKE MORE INFO:

Priorities: Quiet // Minimize TDP (which helps keep it quiet, as lower TDP means less watts to cool)
Use case: Personal // Resilience is a luxury, not a necessity...making single parity (RAIDz1) seem adequate.

Media:
7x Samsung 4TB SATA SSD
- 5x Evo 870
- 2x Evo 860

Usually I use Dell PowerEdge: They're cheap (used), & has most features I use like iDRAC, hot swappable HDD & PSU and Xeon // ECC RAM).
That said, perhaps coupled with the E5-2430L v2 (60 watt TDP) and possibly replacing the system fan with a quieter fan (if possible).
I have 2x Optane P5800X ... but don't know if they'd improve performance, and planned on using them in an all flash NVMe array..?