My PC is not turning on, please help.

HarryBB

Cadet
Motherboard: ASUS B85-PRO GAMER
CPU: Intel Core i7 4790
RAM: 2x8 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600
GPU: Nvidia 1060 6GB
PSU: EVGA 650W Bronze+

4 weeks ago my pc suddenly stopped working i tried to turn it on.

The power supply and gpu were the only fans that were spinning. The gpu fans were spinning slowly. I unplugged my pc and cleaned it (also cleaned the psu), and tried to turn it on again. Didn't work.

The motherboard light is on but still nothing else except the psu and gpu fans going.

Took it to a computer shop and they do not know what the problem is.

I have tried many solutions such as the CMOS, Reseating CPU, RAM, GPU.

I think the problem may be the motherboard or the power supply. I am thinking of upgrading and replacing the motherboard, ram and cpu, to Ryzen 5 3600, Corsair Vengeance 2x8 GB 3200, MSI B450 Tomahawk Max.

If there is anyother ways to fix my pc please help. If there is no other way to fix it and replacing the parts such as psu or motherboard please tell me.

Evertb1

Guru
You landed on a forum dedicated to FreeNAS, TrueNAS etc. This is not a forum dedicated to troubleshooting a PC. There are a lot of resources to find on the web that are dedictated to just that like this site, Look under "Basic hardware troubleshooting".

Edit: Avoid that computer shop from now on. They are useless. Basic hardware troubleshooting just cost some time, it's not brain surgery. Especially for a computer shop that should have some spare parts to help with testing during the process. If they can't handle that they aren't worth your time or money.

Last edited: