MSI B550m Bazooka

farahats9

Cadet
Hello, I am trying to detect the sensors on my motherboard. Usually I do that by using the "nct6683" kernel module.
Code:
modprobe nct6683 force=1

But for some reason it keeps telling me
Code:
could not insert 'nct6683' no such device

I also tried adding it in
Code:
/etc/modprobe.d/nct6683.conf

Code:
options nct6683 force=1

But it did not get loaded at all after reboot. does anyone know how to do it? These methods worked for me on Ubuntu without issues.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Hello, I am trying to detect the sensors on my motherboard. Usually I do that by using the "nct6683" kernel module.
Code:
modprobe nct6683 force=1

But for some reason it keeps telling me
Code:
could not insert 'nct6683' no such device

I also tried adding it in
Code:
/etc/modprobe.d/nct6683.conf

Code:
options nct6683 force=1

But it did not get loaded at all after reboot. does anyone know how to do it? These methods worked for me on Ubuntu without issues.

TrueNAS is a server operating system, and is not optimized for gaming motherboards. We do not recommend using gamer hardware for the system as it often works in nonstandard or conflicting ways.

TrueNAS is also an appliance style operating system, which means that hacking on it in order to do this or that is unlikely to be wise. Your changes are unlikely to survive the next upgrade of the device's firmware (operating system), and it is not guaranteed to work like a generic BSD or Linux release in that iXsystems has made substantial changes to the underlying OS and the way in which boot and drivers are handled.

Since I don't do much Linux, I don't have any modprobe-specific suggestions for you. The best thing may be to use the "Report a Bug" link above and submit a Jira ticket explaining your issue. This may get the issue in front of someone who is familiar with the relevant bits of the Linux fork, and you might get a suggestion or perhaps a fix in a future version.