Mounted dataset in jail shows df mount point as [restricted] ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

danjb

Dabbler
I am running FreeNAS-9.10.2-U4. If I create a jail on one of my zfs datasets and do a df command on the filesystem root I get this:

[storj@storj ~]$ df /
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Avail Capacity Mounted on
storage/jails/storj 7571566696 5369759 7566196937 0% /

If I attach another dataset to the jail as storage at mount point /mnt/storj and do a df command on that, I get this:

[storj@storj ~]$ df /mnt/storj
/mnt/olddisks/storj 14611381528 49406 14611332121 0% [restricted]

Is there any way I can get the "Mounted on" mountpoint for df to show something other than "[restricted]" here? I have been searching to see what that means or how I can eliminate it with no luck.

I am using some software which uses df to check for free space in a directory, and apparently if the actual mount point is not shown under "Mounted on" it's enough to throw it off and make it think the directory has no free space.

In the host freenas system, this dataset shows the normal mountpoint:

[root@freenas] ~# df /mnt/olddisks/storj
olddisks/storj 14611381528 49406 14611332121 0% /mnt/olddisks/storj

Here is how I attached the storage to the jail:
DlAoAE6.png

Last edited:

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
OK, well, before I even address this weird point, you may not even want to do what you're saying. You see, "df" doesn't do what you think it does, when you're using ZFS in zpools.

danjb

Dabbler
OK, well, before I even address this weird point, you may not even want to do what you're saying. You see, "df" doesn't do what you think it does, when you're using ZFS in zpools.
Yes, I've read that. Obviously in the case of compression it would be inaccurate as well. Unfortunately it's not my software doing the free space check!

danjb

Dabbler
Is there a way to query free space in a zfs dataset attached to a jail from within the jail? When I run zfs list inside a jail with an attached dataset, it says "no datasets available."

Status
Not open for further replies.