Mount Gluster inside of a jail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brian Woods

Cadet
Background (if you want to read it):
I am new to FreeNAS, this is NOT a production environment, I am learning.
I want to create a geographically redundant CIFS share with Windows ACLs.
I have setup two VMs, and joined them to the domain.
I created a jail on each and installed GlusterFS and configured a cluster pair inside the jails.
I set the permissions on the jails to Windows mode recursively.
No shares yet, but I plan to share the final gluster mount point from FreeNAS with the replicated ACLs.

The issue:
On the next to final step, when I attempt to mount my new volume I get:
mount: 127.0.0.1:/gv0: Operation not permitted

:/

After some searching, I enabled mount for every jail value I could find and restarted the jails:
sysctl -a | grep -i security.jail.mount
security.jail.mount_zfs_allowed: 1
security.jail.mount_procfs_allowed: 1
security.jail.mount_nullfs_allowed: 1
security.jail.mount_devfs_allowed: 1
security.jail.mount_allowed: 1

Everything seems to be working correctly, I just can't mount the volume, nor can I (or would I) install Gluster on the "host".

Please educate me. :)

Brian Woods

Cadet
Damn... I am really hoping to build this out sooner. I have never gotten ACLs to work well in any of my buils (hence FreeNAS).

Well, I will at least try the tunable that was listed at the end...

Yatti420

Wizard
Try the 10x nightly and let everyone know :)

Brian Woods

Cadet
I tried a few different builds, and it looks like interface for jails is not yet available. I will have to do more research on how to setup jails from the command line (as I understand it has changes in 10.2+). The 10.2 MASTER build seems to be "okay" (doesn't bug out constantly), but I still wouldn't want to use it in any sort of non-demo environment.

I did find how to enable the package repo on the "host" in my current demo VMs, but I really don't like that idea. Seems like I would be asking for bad things even in a demo environment. But I may do i just to see if the replication works how I expect after a snapshot.

Brian Woods

Cadet
Okay, ya, that didn't work. :)

Broke everything, but good to know. It isn't supported outside of jails ether. Even after coping the fuse kernal module into /boot/kernel and taking the /boot/loader.conf and the rc.conf. Same error.

Oh well, back to making the jails work.

Status
Not open for further replies.