mount error(2) on Ubuntu VM

MauricioU

Explorer
Hi all, I'm hoping someone can help me here.

I have Ubuntu 20 installed in a Virtual machine with my smc shares mounted on there in order to run my backups. Beginning about 2 weeks ago I noticed my backup was no longer backing any data up. I realized I was no longer able to access my SMB shares via my ubuntu virtual machine. I am not sure if it was an update but it is as if my shares are no longer mounted.

I had my shares permanently mounted by editing the fstab file and it was working just fine up until September 4th.

Code:
//<servername or ipaddress>/<sharename> /path/to/mount/directory cifs credentials=/root/.smbcredentials,ro,gid=1000,uid=1000 0 0 

^this was the line I added to my fstab file. Upon realizing my shares were no longer accessible I tried editing that line by including "vers=3.0" to force it to use samba 3.0... but no luck... I googled but I havent found any of the solutions that have worked for others working for me

when I try to remount my shares it spits out:

Mount error(2): No such file or directory
Refer to the mount.cifs(8) manual page (e.g. man mount.cifs)

I have tried installing new VMs with Ubuntu 18 and Ubuntu 16 and I get the same error every time I try to mount my share. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you guys!

MauricioU

Explorer
Btw I'm on TrueNAS-12.0-U5.1

sretalla