More than 1 spare drive to a pool?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zimmy6996

Explorer
I have a 16 disk mirrored vdev (using 8 pairs of mirrors). I have 2 extra drives in the system that are currently not assigned. I wanted to add them both as spares to the volume, but it appears if you try to add them both, they show up as a stripped pair of spares. I am guessing that there is no simply way to automatically add 2 drives as spares? I am guessing I would add one as a spare, and then the 2nd would just sit in the system which would be used to add as a "new" spare should the first spare go in to use?

If that is the case, cool. I just want to correctly understand my options. And if that is the case, can you tell me the proper way to add a single drive as a spare to an existing pool? If CLI is a better option, I will do it that way.

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I wanted to add them both as spares to the volume, but it appears if you try to add them both, they show up as a stripped pair of spares
Have you tried just using the GUI to add 1 at a time?
can you tell me the proper way to add a single drive as a spare to an existing pool?
How did you do it? You should use the GUI Volume Manager (manual mode is needed if you are adding a spare to an existing pool).

Status
Not open for further replies.