missing disks. 9.2.1.9 inside esxi 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

link1896

Cadet
Howdy everyone,

I've a long term stable 9.2.1.9 VM running inside esxi 5.5, being used as my SHORT term file storage, duplicated to a dedicated freenas server monthly (r710, 96gb ram, 96tb SAS) so I'm not crying over 1 months of "stuff" lost, but it would be nice to recover.

running on a dell r210
Build FreeNAS-9.2.1.9-RELEASE-x64 (2bbba09)
Platform Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU X3470 @ 2.93GHz
Memory 4074MB
120gb SSD for esxi and OS's
3 x 2tb enterprise SATA
Esxi 5.5

This has been up and stable for over 12 months. the R210 has two internal drive bays, so one 2TB drive is connected via the external esata port. The external drive's power supply failed. I powered down the system, replaced the failed PSU, and powered back up. ESXI can see all four drives. freenas cannot see the three datastores handed to it properly.

A zpool status reveals all is healthy, i forced it to scrub and have zero errors, but the GUI cannot see any drives, shares are gone, etc.

Please help.

freeNASmissingDRIVES.jpg

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Do you have a copy of your config saved that you could upload? Also you do realize you're running with half the required minimum RAM don't you?

HoneyBadger

actually does care
Administrator
iXsystems
freenas cannot see the three datastores handed to it properly

There are more than a few suggestions here that your pool is severely broken:
  • You are feeding VMDKs from a datastore to the FreeNAS VM instead of using PCI passthrough
  • One of the disks backing a VMDK failed
  • Your zpool is a stripe and has zero redundancy
You could browse to the mount point where your zpool is and see if it is present there (/mnt/R210_stripe_5_4_TB perhaps?) as an attempt. Exporting and re-importing the pool as well as manually issuing the mount may also help, but several things were done that make this less than optimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.