SOLVED Missing "/conf/base/etc" in jail?

Naesstrom

Contributor
Moving from transmission to qbit since I want it to unrar the files and never got that working. QB is all set up and working fine but when I try to install OVPN I've run into some problem.
One of the commands are
Code:
echo 'openvpn_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf && echo 'openvpn_enable="YES"' >> /conf/base/etc/rc.conf

but everytime I try to run that I get /conf/base/etc/rc.conf: No such file or directory. since I don't have the /conf/base/etc/ directory. Have I screwed something up when creating the jail or am I just being stupid and missing something?

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
This directory should not be there and you should not write anything in that place. Who told you to do that?

/conf is a directory used in diskless and/or NanoBSD installations and not in regular FreeBSD like inside a jail.

Naesstrom

Contributor
This directory should not be there and you should not write anything in that place. Who told you to do that?

/conf is a directory used in diskless and/or NanoBSD installations and not in regular FreeBSD like inside a jail.

Their guide to install it on freenas have one step that looks like:
Code:
echo 'openvpn_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf && echo 'openvpn_enable="YES"' >> /conf/base/etc/rc.conf
echo 'openvpn_configfile="/usr/local/etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf"' >> /etc/rc.conf && echo 'openvpn_configfile="/usr/local/etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf"' >> /conf/base/etc/rc.conf

Well that explains why it failed atleast, tried doing the setup but skipping that part but it wont start so I have contacted them again!

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
Their guide to install it on freenas have one step that looks like:
Whose guide?

Don't skip the entire step. Just do the first part only:
Code:
echo 'openvpn_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf
echo 'openvpn_configfile="/usr/local/etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf"' >> /etc/rc.conf

HTH,
Patrick

Naesstrom

Contributor
Whose guide?
Ah sorry, ovpn.se where I'm subscribed, their full guide is here https://www.ovpn.com/en/guides/freenas

Don't skip the entire step. Just do the first part only:
Code:
echo 'openvpn_enable="YES"' >> /etc/rc.conf
echo 'openvpn_configfile="/usr/local/etc/openvpn/openvpn.conf"' >> /etc/rc.conf

HTH,
Patrick

Yeah sorry, I was just unclear, i skipped each command that referenced to /conf/etc/ and did the rest!

sretalla