miniDLNA plugin not showing as installed but running fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber

Dabbler
I have miniDLNA running, and it's been up and fine for months. I've added new media files and want to restart it to refresh but it's not showing in the list of plugins. It's not there in the "available" and the list of installed plugins is empty, with freeNAS reporting "No available plugins services". All suggestions gratefully received.

I haven't rebooted server yet as a just-in-case as it's running other stuff too and I don't want to go down that path except as a last resort.

Bomber

Dabbler
Update: Have rebooted server, same outcome - still not listed as an installed plugin, FreeNAS reporting no installed plugins.

However, the reboot has seen the "database" refresh properly and all new files and modified metadata on existing files updated correctly.

I'd like to get this resolved as while the problem has a workaround, I'd prefer a solution as at some point of the future I want to implement a second server for movies.

Alecmascot

Guru
Just polishing the crystal ball and I will sus-out your FN setup in a minute.......

Bomber

Dabbler
Just polishing the crystal ball and I will sus-out your FN setup in a minute.......

Are you being facetious or is your polisher broken down? Coz after I got very excited an answer may be forthcoming, I'm not sure how you're being helpful now that I've waited 2 days for a further reply...

In case you're serious, it's FreeNAS 11 running all current updates. It's running the OS off a flash drive and apart from miniDLNA is not running any jails, applications or anything else. The server exists purely as a raid Z drive accessed over the network for home use. The jail is still visible, it's just the plug in that's hiding.

I don't know when miniDLNA disappeared as there's been no hardware changes since it was built last year apart from hotswapping one of the raid drives that carked it and no software changes other than applying updates so I've had no reason to log on to FreeNAS and admire the list of installed plugins. Since the music was, and still is, visible from my amp I had no idea mIniDLNA was MIA until I added more music for the first time in months and then went to do a refresh.

sretalla