MiniDLNA mount points pointing to the same dataset

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddogg777

Cadet
I have 8.3RC and so far everything is working well, except I have noticed a problem: I can't seem to have more than one mounting point in the same dataset, is that how it is supposed to be? e.g:
volumeA/dataset1/movies
volumeA/dataset1/music

I can have one or the other, but apparently not both. Do I need to put my media in separate datasets?

paleoN

Wizard
I can have one or the other, but apparently not both. Do I need to put my media in separate datasets?
Of course you can't have both mounted to the same folder. That doesn't make any sense. You don't need to put the media in different datasets, but you certainly can. What you could do is have two mounts to two different folders in the jail. E.G.:
Code:
volumeA/dataset1/movies
to
/mnt/media/movies

volumeA/dataset1/music
to
/mnt/media/music
Obviously you would point minidlna or whatever to /mnt/media folder in the jail.

ddogg777

Cadet
Of course you can't have both mounted to the same folder. That doesn't make any sense. You don't need to put the media in different datasets, but you certainly can. What you could do is have two mounts to two different folders in the jail. E.G.:
Code:
volumeA/dataset1/movies
to
/mnt/media/movies

volumeA/dataset1/music
to
/mnt/media/music
Obviously you would point minidlna or whatever to /mnt/media folder in the jail.

Okay, so I just use the shell command and create the music and movies subfolders in the jail?

ddogg777

Cadet
hmm, so I tried to make the subfolders music and movies in the jail but they didn't stick....as if the jail reset itself.

paleoN

Wizard
As a general FYI, it would be nice if people posted the actual configuration of their mounts and what's mounted when they ask for help with them.

Stop the jail, start the jail back up and run the following from the base system:
Code:
mount

cat /etc/fstab.jailname

touch /fullPathToExternalFolder/TESTfile

ls -al /fullPathToExternalFolder

jexec `jls jid` ls -al /fullPathToJailFolder

Using the above example it would be:
Code:
touch /mnt/volumeA/dataset1/movies/TESTfile

ls -al /mnt/volumeA/dataset1/movies

jexec `jls jid` ls -al /mnt/media/movies
Replace with your actual paths and run for each mountpoint.

Status
Not open for further replies.