Not open for further replies.

heavenhated

Dabbler
Hi,

Steps:-

Imported 3 2TB HD's as ZFS.
Create three data sets - Jail, JailSW and VIdeos
Moved some sample videos to Videos.
Installed PBI and started Plugins. (Everything runs so far fine)
Installed MiniDLNA and configured where my Video folder is mounted into Media folder.
Started MiniDLNA.

Result = Perfectly able to access my files through DLNA in my TV, phone etc.

Problem:- If there is a power cut or i restart the Freenas MiniDLNA configuration file disappears from the Plugins(IN GUI) and MiniDLNA is dead.

The only way to recover from this problem is to delete and re-install the MiniDLNA plugin. (Sometimes restarting Plugin service and then reinstalling is needed)

Does that mean everytime there is a power cut or i shut down the Freenas i need to redo MiniDLNA plugin alone everytime?

Is there a solution where i can create the config file from Shell and ensure the Freenas has the config file to start the service and ensure the file does not get deleted someway?

JohnKnee

Dabbler
This is a known bug, see thread here.

It has been fixed and will be in the next beta or RC release. You should be able to continue using minidlna with your current setup but it won't be reflected accurately (ie that it is still working) in your GUI for now.

heavenhated

Dabbler
Thanks a lot John. That helped. The server is still serving the files to my TV and other devices. Just that the GUI does not refresh. This is perfectly fine for me and now i can set up the server once for all on Hard wire to my TV and wireless to the rest of the house.

Status
Not open for further replies.