minidlna and FreeNAS 8.3 BETA1 on reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

valesan

Patron
Hi,
when I perform a reboot of my FreeNAS 8.3 BETA1 with minidlna installed I can not restart the plugin minidlna but I have to delete it and reinstall it !!

what is wrong?

thanks

ben

FreeNAS GUI Developer
describe further. what kind of message are you getting? what's your hardware and architecture?

heavenhated

Dabbler
Hi Ben,

I am in FreeNas 8.3 BETA1 as well. 64bit. I am using ZFS with 3-2TB drive and i did the following to install the plugin.

- Created two data sets
- Installed PBI file
- Started Plugin service
- Installed MINIDLNA(now it was visible under Controls)
- Set up Mount point and restarted MINIDLNA
- On restarting Freenas the Minidlna under Plugins vanishes.
- On trying to restart the Minidlna it neither stops nor i could restart the same

I had to uninstall the MINIDLNA, reset Plugins and then perform fresh install.

Even if i disconnect network cable say from my computer to Freenas box the plugins are getting dropped.

Issue 2

My set up is as follows::-

I have five data sets created for storing different kind of files.I am able to access all folders and move files as and when needed.

I wanted to set up MINIDLNA so i can access my videos/music from my TV using DLNA.

Mount procedure used

Created a mount under usr/pbi/minidlna-amd64 called MYMedia
While mounting i mounted one of the data sets with videos to the above created folder.
Restarted MINIDLNA

I disconnected the cable from my PC and attached to the access point.

The TV detects DLNA but cannot display any folders.

I reconnected to PC and at this point the Plugins drops the MINIDLNA though the service appears to be running.

Though the mount is still active, the folders from my Videos location is not displayed under MYMedia.

THe only way i can redo is to reinstall everything.

I am not sure if i can set up DLNA to make it a media server for my TV. Please do let me know if any specific screen shots or data is required to help you help me.

valesan

Patron
describe further. what kind of message are you getting? what's your hardware and architecture?

hardware and architecture are written in my signature ...
the error I get is "some error are occurred" and the plugin not start !

ben

FreeNAS GUI Developer
For both of you I recommend backing up your config and updating to 8.3 Beta 2 - although this is still a development stage, this may help. If you're able to delete the jail without losing data I suggest uninstalling all plugins and deleting the jail after updating the main system, then starting fresh from the jail and plugins released with 8.3 beta 2. This will both assist in debugging and eliminate additional variables.

Foonus

Cadet
Lucky you get that far, with, 8.3.0-BETA2-x64 (r12317M) when i try to use the latest plugin from http://sourceforge.net/projects/fre...BETA2/x64/plugins/minidlna-1.0.24_1-amd64.pbi all i get is "Error: This file was not identified as in PBI format, it might as well be corrupt." I did manage to get it installed once on beta 1, on load my tv saw it for about 5 seconds but it crashed and unloaded itself on every reboot shortly there after.

Downloaded it several times and its same result every time... Managed to get transmission running with this build but it required also to use CHOWN command manually in both the torrent directory saving the torrent file and the directory for saving the torrent data, it seems that the CHOWN command needs to repeted in this manner everytime the transmission plugin is installed, and beware, somehow it happened that when i either updated the jail or the plugin that it deleted both the torrent data and torrent file direcory including over 2TB of data automatically without even asking.

Back up everything important before you go messing with it. Caveat emptor when it comes to plugins and the safety of your data with this current implementation. If it does what the transmission plugin does, when you update your jail or maybe even just the plugin, it will remove all the saved data in the jail directory for it as well.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.