Migrate older Gmail to TrueNAS, with web access?

MysticCobra

Cadet
I've been using a GMail account through my university as an alumni perk for 5+ years. Storage has been unlimited until now, but within a few months a 1GB limit will be imposed. I'm looking for a way to migrate my old Gmail data to TrueNAS to get below the 1GB cap, but retain "access from anywhere" to those emails like I had with GMail.

I am savvy enough to have built my own TrueNAS rig (currently TrueNAS CORE 12.0-U6) including a Jail with a Plex server, but I mostly followed guides vs. knew innately what I was doing. Should I even be considering this, or are there going to be too many fiddly bits for me to trip over? Is the "allow access from anywhere" going to be opening a giant vulnerability in my rig that I will not be savvy enough to secure?

If the "allow access from anywhere" is a bridge too far due to complexity in setup and/or vulnerability with exposure to outside Internet, is it feasible/responsible to at least set up a local email archive that can be accessed from within my home network?

I'll be assessing those questions as I consider possible solutions, but to get started in this thought process...does anyone have big-picture suggestions for options I could consider to accomplish my goal?

In short, I need to:
* Set up new "mail store" on TrueNAS
* Initial migration of older GMail to new TrueNAS mail store to reduce GMail storage below 1GB prior to deadline in a few months. (Currently ~10GB in the cloud, so ~9-10GB of initial storage. My pool currently has ~6TB free.)
* Periodically migrate additional GMail content to TrueNAS mail store to maintain GMail storage below 1GB. (This could be either manual or automated.)
* Provide local (home network) access to TrueNAS mail store via Windows clients.

Highly-desired:
* Allow "access from anywhere" to TrueNAS mail store (preferably via web browser for true "anywhere" access, vs. dedicated application) via Windows and Android clients.

Not required:
* Actual email server (mail send/receive) from TrueNAS--I will continue to use GMail as my primary email server, just within a 1GB limit of cloud storage.

Thanks!