Messed up with ACL and iocage pools

lctr01

Dabbler
So, I messed up with acl and iocage pools. I was having problems with accessing iocage files with the SMB user, so I applied ACL to all the bits recursively, without realising I was messing up the whole thing (I am a total noob)

I stripped ACL from possibly everywhere in the iocage pool, but I can't get the jails to work anymore.

1610288763144.png

what should the permission for these be? how do I restore them? if I restore a freenas backup, will it be sorted?

this is the error when i start the plex jail:

Code:
Starting plexmediaserver_plexpass.
ELF interpreter /libexec/ld-elf.so.1 not found, error 13

this is the error when I start transmission:

Code:
root@transmission:/ # service transmission start

chown: transmis: illegal group name

chown: transmis: illegal group name

chgrp: transmis: illegal group name

Starting transmission.

su: pam_start: System error

/usr/local/etc/rc.d/transmission: WARNING: failed to start transmission

I am running Truenas 12.0-U1

artlessknave

Wizard
restore a freenas backup, will it be sorted
very unclear. there are like 50 different ways to make a backup that could be called "a freenas backup". if you mean the config backup...then no, your pool permissions will not, afaik, be affect by that at all.
I was having problems with accessing iocage files with the SMB user
um. what? why are you trying to access iocage files with smb at all. that...sounds like a bad idea. iocage files should only be accessed by iocage.

I just did this myself not long ago, if in a different way, and, while I'm hardly a guru, I'm relatively experienced in freenas and *nix.
In my case, I fixed my jails by rolling back from snapshots to a time when I was less of a moron before i broke it.
being a newb is often irrelevant. sometimes it takes being an expert to REALLY fudge up. :/

lctr01

Dabbler
thanks,
restoring the config did not help indeed.

I removed ACL from all the pools and then I created a new pool to see what the default permissions were. I replicated those and I was able to fix the problem, as far as I know.

the reason I was messing up with this, is because I wanted to change configuration files for some of the jails but it wasn't letting me from smb.

artlessknave

Wizard
change configuration files for some of the jails but it wasn't letting me from smb.
uh. ya. there would be a reason for that. you shouldnt do that. like. at all...especially as a newb.