lsi megaraid sas 9240 8i

Status
Not open for further replies.

warren

Cadet
I'm trying to get the lsi megaraid sas 9240 card functioning with freenas 9.1, but am having very little luck being a a complete noobie in the freebsd world.. I purchased the card after seeing the there was support for freebsd on the lsi driver page, but after many hours of trying and researching can't find any how to guides on how to install the .tgz file installed in freenas shell. is this even possible? I know now that i should have gone for the 9211 card as its natively supported but thats a little late. any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

gpsguy

You should be able to crossflash it to a 9211 in IT mode. Follow the directions from servethehome. Check LSI for newer firmware, the last time I checked version 17 was available.

warren

Cadet
the for the link gpsguy, but things haven't gone so well.
I made the dos bootable usb with latest .rom files from lsi.. managed to clear the flash, then when i came to reflash the card all i got was an error.
This is the screen i'm getting. Its not looking too good, i've tried repeating the same procedure in a couple of different computers and seem to get the same.
photo.JPG

gpsguy

Search the forum via Google for some help with that, You probably have a UEFI bios.

site:forums.freenas.org failed to initialize PAL

I can't provide links while responding from my phone.

Sent from my phone
edit: fix punctuation

warren

Cadet
thankyou gpsguy for all the help! today i managed to flash the card using an old pc at work (about the 3rd pc i've tried), it worked perfectly.
i flashed my card to 9211 ir succesfully, but am yet to take it home and install it in my freenas server.
as i understand the card should be natively supported, is this correct or is there more i need to do?

Status
Not open for further replies.