LDAP Configuration Succeeds, but Server is unwilling to perform

dlbetz

Cadet
Hi all,

first of, I'm not very experienced with LDAPs, and I am using Univention to create, and manage all my users.
This is working very well with every service, except my trueNAS. When I look at the "Directory Services Monitor", it tells me everything is fine, but at the same time is not syncing any users or group. Now I figured, I'll have to specify some where, what group specifically the user should have, I tried to tell the system via the IDMAP, in the URL field. It seems like the service is connected, but no Users appear anywhere.
Debugging and looking through /var/log/messages, I found the following line:
Code:
failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://url.to.univention:636: Server is unwilling to perform: SASL:[GSSAPI]: Sign or Seal are not allowed if TLS is used

I don't know what exactly this last part is telling me, I can't recall to have TLS somewhere configured, only SSL (For Port 636)
I already tried several configurations in the LDAP section. None worked, but I also cant say "Encryption Mode: OFF" in LDAP, since he then prevents me from saving with error:
Code:
'str' object has no attribute '__name__'

I am a little stuck right now, and would appretiate any tips at all. If I should post more debug stuff, I will, but I'm not sure what is required.

dlbetz

Cadet
Oh sorry, I can't belive I forgot that Information

Version: TrueNAS-12.0-U5.1
But I am Updating to the newest Version right now

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
failed to bind to LDAP server ldaps://url.to.univention:636: Server is unwilling to perform: SASL:[GSSAPI]: Sign or Seal are not allowed if TLS is used

This is a message from your LDAP server, not from us. It means that you have configured kerberos and SSL simultaneously and the remote LDAP server does not support it. Other report is a bug. Please PM me a system debug and I'll fix it.

BTW, if this is a Univention AD DC, then you must use the AD plugin and not the LDAP plugin if you need to provide SMB access.

Otherwise, you can just turn off SSL and rely on SASL protection. Try the following procedure:
1. Disable LDAP and save
2. Set SSL to OFF and save
3. Enable LDAP and save