LACP 10GbE with Mikrotik CRS309-1G-8S+IN

Riddick

Dabbler
I have a Mikrotik CRS309-1G-8S+IN and i want to use 2 SFP+ 10GbE Fiber Interfaces as LACP Bonding uplink to the NAS.
I activated the LACP in Freenas and on the Switch. I already have a connection but the traffic is going only trough one link.

Is someone using the same configuration and can explain how to configuere the switch?

ruant

Dabbler
Also wondering about this.
What cards do you have? Single one or a dual port card?

If LACP is up (which the switch should be able to tell you), then this is likely a load balancing problem. LACP (or any other ethernet aggregation method) is NOT bonding, it is load balancing. That means that any one conversation can only get the total bandwidth of a single link. If you have FreeNAS and 1 virtualization host accessing the FreeNAS storage, that will be between the same IP addresses and the same MAC addresses. That means the load balancing will likely pick the same physical link every time. You can test this by disconnecting one of the links and see if traffic still flows. Be careful when you do this so you don't disconnect anything that could get corrupted. If you had FreeNAS and 2 virtualization hosts, each virtualization host would be able to get 10Gb. That is a perfect world scenario, of course.