Kubernetes Unable to connect to the server

departy

Dabbler
Hello, yesterday I re-created my TrueNAS.
I deployed plex server and after TrueNAS reboot I started getting 'no destination available', then from the Shell I ran "k3s kubectl get namespaces" and I got error:

Unable to connect to the server: dial tcp 127.0.0.1:6443: i/o timeout

My config

root@truenas[~]# k3s kubectl config view
apiVersion: v1
clusters:
- cluster:
certificate-authority-data: DATA+OMITTED
server: https://127.0.0.1:6443
name: default
contexts:
- context:
cluster: default
user: default
name: default
current-context: default
kind: Config
preferences: {}
users:
- name: default
user:
client-certificate-data: REDACTED
client-key-data: REDACTED

I haven't changed anything by myself.
1. I installed TrueNAS Scale
2. Imported my ZFS pool
3. created my users and groups for the ACL
4. created Plex
5. rebooted NAS

Can someone assist please?

truecharts

Guru
With this issue the best solution is to file a bugreport at iX Systems directly on their Jira, that way this issue can be prevented for everyone!

cyrus104

Explorer
@departy did you make any progress on this? I ran into a very similar issue that started when I updated to RC. Something isn't starting right on with kubernetes and I'm not sure how to fix it.

If you talked with the devs and got it fixed, I'd love to hear about the fix. I don't have an issue with their process but they normally prefer to teamview in, diagnose and fix the issue and but they don't record publicly what the issue was for others to use a a knowledge base. I've had numerous tickets like this and while I'm very appreciative of them fixing it... I ran into 2 of the issues several times before a new update was released fixing the issue.

@truecharts preventing the issue for everyone is great! but it doesn't help those that are actually having the issue now.

truecharts

Guru
@departy did you make any progress on this? I ran into a very similar issue that started when I updated to RC. Something isn't starting right on with kubernetes and I'm not sure how to fix it.
The issue was fixed after a troubleshooting session and happened to be a configuration mistake by @departy

@truecharts preventing the issue for everyone is great! but it doesn't help those that are actually having the issue now.
Well, the actual error was user-error. So a bugreport won't even have solved that to begin with ;-)

K.S.

departy

Dabbler

If you talked with the devs and got it fixed, I'd love to hear about the fix. I don't have an issue with their process but they normally prefer to teamview in, diagnose and fix the issue and but they don't record publicly what the issue was for others to use a a knowledge base. I've had numerous tickets like this and while I'm very appreciative of them fixing it... I ran into 2 of the issues several times before a new update was released fixing the issue.

No I didnt want to invest time, for me Scale is a new setup, so what I did is just re-install, fixed my ACL groups and users and haven't seen the issue so far. Hope it stays this way! I wont be performing updates until some time, just to prevent this horrible issue

truecharts

Guru
No I didnt want to invest time, for me Scale is a new setup, so what I did is just re-install, fixed my ACL groups and users and haven't seen the issue so far. Hope it stays this way! I wont be performing updates until some time, just to prevent this horrible issue

This sounds like we are confusing issues now, sorry!

cyrus104

Explorer
The issue was fixed after a troubleshooting session and happened to be a configuration mistake by @departy

Well, the actual error was user-error. So a bugreport won't even have solved that to begin with ;-)

K.S.
Understood on the user part, mine has been working for awhile without config changes so I hope that's not an issue.

Agreed on the bug report, also sounds like a different issue, I'll open a new thread and maybe a ticket my issue deals with the k3s-agent not being found and k3s service having an issue with 127.0.0.1:6443/ca/certs.