kube-root-ca.crt not registered after setting a new pool for applications

specter9mm

Dabbler
I recently decided to move my application pool onto my primary data pool, as the mirrored SSDs I put them on were performing horribly. The steps I performed:

1. Back up ix-applications directory using cp -a from the app pool.
2. Unset the pool in the Applications screen in the Truenas GUI.
3. Set the new pool in the Truenas GUI.
4. Restored my backup of ix-applications to the new directory.
5. Reboot.

All of my pods are starting just fine, but when I went to upgrade one of my applications to the latest version, I got the following error:
[EFAULT] Failed to snapshot zpool1/ix-applications/releases/[applicationName]/volumes@13: Dataset zpool1/ix-applications/releases/[applicationName]/volumes not found.

I dug a little more into the logs, and found the kube-root-ca.crt not registered error in a bunch of the pod deployment logs.

I have a bunch of applications, and re initializing k3s would be a huge pain to set everything back up. Is there a way to fix this while retaining all of my applications and configurations?

specter9mm

Dabbler
Well, I re initialized my k3s and re setup all my apps. Would still like to know if there is a way to fix this without going scorched earth.

nautilus7

Dabbler
I have a similar issue were some of my apps are stuck on deploying, after unsetting and setting the ix-applications dataset.

How did you reinitialized the k3s?

specter9mm

Dabbler
I unset the pool in the Applications pane, deleted the ix-applications dataset from the pool, rebooted, and then set the pool for the Applications in the pane again.

nautilus7

Dabbler
EDIT: Sorry, it was my fault. Using the above method everything was reset and now working fine.

Last edited: