k3s cluster CPU usage

Whattteva

Wizard
1673279885999.png
Anyone knows the cause of this? CPU usage is up the wazoo. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I can't install any SCALE apps also. Any attempt to install comes back with error "Unable to connect to kubernetes cluster". App Catalog shows up just fine though.

May also be worth mentioning that I see these in the logs.

Code:
Jan  9 06:54:52 truenas kernel: kube-bridge: port 2(vethfc47a7c3) entered blocking state
Jan  9 06:54:52 truenas kernel: kube-bridge: port 2(vethfc47a7c3) entered forwarding state
Jan  9 06:54:52 truenas kernel: kube-bridge: port 3(vethb2daafd0) entered blocking state
Jan  9 06:54:52 truenas kernel: kube-bridge: port 3(vethb2daafd0) entered disabled state
Jan  9 06:54:52 truenas kernel: device vethb2daafd0 entered promiscuous mode

I've tried destroying the ix-applications dataset to no avail.
NOTE: This is just a test VM and I don't have any data on this. Just testing out TrueNAS SCALE apps.

Last edited:

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

Whattteva

Wizard
Have you tried under Apps | Settings | Unset pool ?
I just did it and reset the pool. Still getting the error. CPU usage is still up. I haven't rebooted yet just so I can try out stuff that people might suggest here, but that's also an option, though I doubt it will fix my kubernetes error.

Koguni

Cadet
Same problem. Upgraded from 13-Core to Bluefin, got a bunch of "k3s server" processes consuming upto 90% of 4C8T Core i7-870 CPU load with no VMs and pool unset.

Is there any solution to stop k3s heating air?

Whattteva

Wizard
Same problem. Upgraded from 13-Core to Bluefin, got a bunch of "k3s server" processes consuming upto 90% of 4C8T Core i7-870 CPU load with no VMs and pool unset.

Is there any solution to stop k3s heating air?
Just to clarify, I don't see SCALE as an "upgrade" to CORE and neither does ixSystems portray it as such. They just have somewhat different focuses. SCALE focuses more on VM's and k3s apps. CORE focuses more on enterprise-level stability as a storage appliance.

It's worth noting that I do NOT run SCALE as my primary NAS. That role is fulfilled by CORE. I'm merely running SCALE for experimental evaluation purposes and do NOT have any production data on it. And quite frankly, from this experience with CPU usage, it's probably never going to be promoted to a primary NAS capacity for the foreseeable future.