Just a quick thank you to TrueNAS / iX Systems

Bikerchris

Patron
This is only a note to say well done to the team and the community/contributors.

It occurred to me, as I'm now using 3 installs of Core in production and one test install of Scale (it's actually very good once you get your head around it and when you only have a 1G connection the speed is fine).

I've successfully used SyncThing, TailScale, Emby and many storage related functions on my various boxes and it's been 100% reliable. I make sure the hardware is as recommended (ECC RAM, SSD Boot, etc.) and made the recommended config changes as well. I'm lucky that I have some spare machines (very old dual cores) that I can practice with various instances such as failed drives and so on, and for anyone that's not 'on tech' full time, it's really hand to have a sandpit to make mistakes with non-critical data.

Only a few weeks ago I found that my business scanner/printer was able to send scans to a network device, so I now have a useful scan dataset to which all scans are automatically sent to. No more need to have a PC on to do the job.

So my hat off to you all.

It is good to stop and appreciate what we have sometimes.

TrueNAS has always just done what I needed it to do for the.... I don't even know how many years now I've been using it and I've learned a lot tinkering and maintaining it.

Thank you