Java 8 install on jail

Lcs_26

Dabbler
I have tried several times getting MineOS plugin to work, but I'm unable to install java 8 properly, which is needed for running forge servers.

I run pkg install openjdk8, it makes the installation process and asks me to mount fdesccfs (5) on /dev/fd and /procfs (5) on /proc. I run the commands that the cli asks me to run and it returs ''operation not permitted''.

I have looked in different forums, including this one, but I couldn't find a thread where they explain clearly what to do. I have never used linux or freebsd before so Im a bit lost.

jgreco

Resident Grinch
Special mounts such as device filesystem mounts usually cannot be done from within a jail, because it's a security risk. FreeBSD requires that "security.jail.mount_procfs_allowed" (for ex.) be set to "1" to permit this sort of mount to happen. You should be able to set these as sysctl tunables within FreeNAS. I'm not sure if there's a better solution because I don't use FreeNAS jails (but I do make extensive use of FreeBSD jails).

Lcs_26

Dabbler
Ok, I added both tunables but seems that doesn't work. I did it like that:

Variable: security.mineos-plugin.mount_fdescfs_allowed
Value: 1
Type: sysctl
Description: (none)

I also tried putting 'jail' instead of the name of the jail itself but it makes no difference, it still says 'operation not permitted'. Also tried rebooting.