Jails randomly not using bridge specified in settings?

keo

Cadet
I'm running FreeNAS-11.3-U2.1 on a Dell R710 and using 2 ports (bce0 and bce3) from the 4port NIC.

bce0 is what FreeNAS uses, subnet 10.7.0.0/24.

bce3 is what I'm using for jails, subnet 10.20.0.0/24. I had this set up as a VLAN interface before, but for simplicity I changed simply to untagging the port.

I create a bridge called bridge20 and add bce3 as a member.

All jails are configured interfaces="vnet0:bridge20". For some reason, some jails DHCP IP addresses from the 10.7.0.0/24 subnet despite being configured to use bridge20, which is subnet 10.20.0.0/24.

If I ifconfig in FreeNAS cli, all jails are listed under bridge20.

Is there some other settings I need besides simply creating the bridge, adding the interface as a member, then setting the jails to use the bridge?

How are they accessing the other interface? I can't understand what's going on besides the jails aren't following what the settings appear to say...

Any suggestion is welcome. I can't really use FreeNAS until I figure out why my jails are randomly inaccessible :(

keo

Cadet
When I reboot, the jails that are affected change. It seems to be completely random. Before I rebooted, 6 of my 8 jails were working correctly. After rebooting once, 2 of 8 jails are working correctly (one of the two was not working before rebooting).

I really don't understand this. It seems to be completely random.

keo

Cadet
So I've found out why the jails are getting IPs from the wrong subnet.

Every time I start a jail, bce0 is added as a member to bridge20. I don't know why this happens, but I think that's what it is.

I can't start a jail without bce0 being added as a member to bridge20.