ixSystems Mini-XL+ -- Is it OK to run on its side (with added vibration dampening)?

SoonerLater

Explorer
I recently bought an ixSystems Mini-XL+. It doesn't fit where the 8 year old HP Microserver N40L that it's going to replace currently sits - at least, not vertically anyway.

Q. - Would it be a problem to run the Mini-XL+ on its side?

It has vibration dampening feet on its base, but not the side. If I ran it on its side, I would cut a mat of 1/4" thick neoprene as large as the side (or larger) to lay it upon to absorb vibrations. I believe that would provide dampening that is at least as robust as the feet. However, I don't know if it was engineered in such a way that there are other reasons not to run it on its side.

pmbauer

Cadet
I recently bought an ixSystems Mini-XL+. It doesn't fit where the 8 year old HP Microserver N40L that it's going to replace currently sits - at least, not vertically anyway.

Q. - Would it be a problem to run the Mini-XL+ on its side?

It has vibration dampening feet on its base, but not the side. If I ran it on its side, I would cut a mat of 1/4" thick neoprene as large as the side (or larger) to lay it upon to absorb vibrations. I believe that would provide dampening that is at least as robust as the feet. However, I don't know if it was engineered in such a way that there are other reasons not to run it on its side.
I'm considering a similar positioning for the Mini XL+; did you ever get an answer for your question?

sretalla